The Nagel Foundation supports qualified 501(c)(3) charities in southwest Idaho.
THE FOUNDATION DOES NOT FUND:
-- Political campaigns or candidates, and lobbying activities
-- Organizations or projects outside southwest Idaho
-- Special events, fundraising projects or endowments
-- Grants to individuals
The Nagel Foundation grants financial support only, and does not directly administer programs. The Board of Directors has sole discretion in the allocation of funds and the selection of grantees.
Prospective applicants should review the above statements, geographic area and desired uses of funds prior to applying for a grant. If there are questions about a proposed application, including the appropriate amount of a request, please contact the Foundation.
GRANT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Grant applications must be submitted by the October 31 annual deadline. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Grants are awarded only to qualified 501(c)(3) tax exempt organizations and those with 509(a)(1), 509(a)(2) and select 509(a)(3) IRS designations in southwest Idaho
- Proof of 501(c)(3) IRS tax-exempt status. Mail a copy of the IRS approval letter to the Foundation office or email a PDF copy
- Current financial statements, including Balance Sheet and P&L with comparables from the previous year must be included with application
- Previous year’s IRS tax return form 990 is required, which may be mailed or emailed as a PDF copy
- Attach a program budget listing amounts and sources of funding to date, a program time line, groups and numbers of people who will be served by the program, and how the program's effectiveness will be evaluated
The preferred method of submitting applications is with our online application form. Applicants submitting their form online will receive a copy of the completed application via email. The online form may also be downloaded, printed and mailed to the Foundation office. The Foundation encourages the submission of supporting materials. All submitted supporting materials become property of the Foundation and will not be returned.
The Board of Directors meets in November to review applications. Grant notifications are made by December 15.
Over the following year, the Foundation intends to contact and visit organizations awarded grants to evaluate the effectiveness of the funded program.
The foundation expects funded organizations to display the foundation logo and/or give appropriate recognition on the organization's website and on printed or promotional materials related to the funded program.
Organizations receiving grants are expected to provide detailed accounting of grant funding and submit a grant Follow Up Report through this website, by email or in person, by the annual August 31 deadline.